Call for Applications
Saint John, February – April 2018
Deadline to apply: January 26th, 2018
CATAPULT is an intensive accelerator program for ambitious artists and creative entrepreneurs who are ready to bring their work to market. CATAPULT aims to improve the entrepreneurial skills and business networks for its participants, and to foster a culture of entrepreneurship in New Brunswick’s arts sector. This program is specialized for the needs of artists, and includes business skills bootcamps, one-on-one coaching, and mentorships from individuals operating at the top of their field. Participants will be oriented towards export as well as local sales opportunities.
CATAPULT 2.0 will help you:
Articulate your career and business-related goals
- Find strategic ways to balance creative integrity and commercial viability
- Become familiar with business basics, like business modelling, marketing, branding, pricing and financial planning
- Adopt the skills necessary for long-term success, like time management, outsourcing, and augmenting your capacity to monetize your work and/or time
- Learn about accessing export markets through online sales platforms
Program & Format
CATAPULT 2.0 will include:
- 8 weekly sessions of 1.5 days each (Saturdays 9-5 & Sundays 9-12)
- Guest speakers drawn from both the business and arts community
- Mentor-matching (24 hours offered over 12 months, arranged by ArtsLink NB)
Who Should Apply
Individuals or collectives who are looking to turn (or grow) their artistic practice into a commercially viable career or business.
CATAPULT candidates must have:
– The time to commit to this intensive program. Attendance is mandatory at all weekly sessions, and research and planning is required between sessions.
– A strong desire and intention to commercialize and turn their creative practice into a full time career
– Willingness to participate in peer group discussions, share and receive honest feedback, advice and support
- Individual artists/cultural works, as well as groups or collectives
- ArtsLink NB membership (if not already a member, enrol online at www.artslinknb.com)
Catapult is free for ArtsLink NB members. Out-of-town participants are responsible for any travel and accommodation expenses. Program materials and meals will be provided during the program.
February – April 2018
Saturdays 9-5 & Sundays 9-12
Dates: Feb 17-18, Mar 3-4, Mar 10-11, Mar 17-18, Mar 24-25, April 7-8, April 14-15, April 21-22
Saint John, NB
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line ‘CATAPULT Application’, the following:
- Cover letter describing your interest in the program, and what makes you a high-potential candidate. Please describe any previous entrepreneurial experience (including, but not limited to for-profit arts and culture ventures). Preference will be given to applicants who can demonstrate a history of entrepreneurial activity and attitude. This includes business and commercial initiatives, as well as other ‘start-up’ activity that may not have been profit-motivated. What do you hope to gain from the program? If there is a particular product, business challenge, or commercial opportunity you’d like to explore in the context of the accelerator, please describe it.
- 3 samples of work (you may also include a link to online portfolio or relevant social media)
DEADLINE: January 26th at 5 pm AST.
SELECTION: Final selection will be completed by early February, and successful applicants will be contacted by this date.
Email Sarah Jones, CATAPULT Arts Accelerator Coordinator, at email@example.com or call (506) 608-3008.
About ArtsLink NB
ArtsLink NB is a province-wide, membership based organization representing artists of all disciplines. We work to help artists build robust careers in New Brunswick through providing professional opportunities, public programming, specialized training, and advocacy work. We are working to grow the arts sector to meet national standards of excellence and economic output.
CATAPULT 2.0 is an ArtsLink NB initiative, founded in 2015. CATAPULT’s 2017-18 programming will include fall session in Fredericton and a winter session in Saint John. CATAPULT is made possible through the support of the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency and the Province of New Brunswick.