Fredericton, September-November 2017
Deadline to apply: August 25, 2017
CATAPULT is an accelerator program for ambitious artists and creative entrepreneurs who are ready to bring their work to market. CATAPULT aims to improve the entrepreneurial skills and business networks for its participants, and to foster and culture of entrepreneurship in New Brunswick’s arts sector. This program is specialized for the needs of artists, and includes business skills bootcamps, one-on-one coaching, and mentorships from individuals operating at the top of their field. Participants will be oriented towards export as well as local sales opportunities.
CATAPULT 2.0 will help you:
- Articulate your career and business-related goals
- Find strategic ways to balance creative integrity and commercial viability
- Become familiar with business basics, like business modeling, marketing, branding, pricing and financial planning
- Adopt the skills necessary for long-term success, like time management, outsourcing, and augmenting your capacity to monetize your work and/or time
- Learn about accessing export markets through online sales platforms
Program & Format
CATAPULT 2.0 will include:
- 8 weekly sessions of 1.5 days each (on weekends only)
- Structured ‘bootcamps’ on key topics during weekly sessions
- Guest speakers drawn from both the business and arts community
- Mentor-matching (24 hours offered over 12 months, arranged by ArtsLink NB)
- Regular one-on-one meetings with Accelerator Coordinator
Who Should Apply
Individuals or collectives who are looking to turn (or grow) their artistic practice into a commercially viable career or business.
CATAPULT candidates must have:
- The time to commit to this intensive program. Attendance is mandatory at all weekly sessions, and research and planning is required between sessions.
- A strong desire and intention to commercialize and turn their creative practice into a full-time career
- Willingness to participate in peer group discussions, share and receive honest feedback, advice and support
- Individual artists/cultural works, as well as groups or collectives
- ArtsLink NB membership (if not already a member, enrol online at www.artslinknb.com)
Catapult is Free for ArtsLink NB members. Out-of-town participants are responsible for any travel and accommodation expenses. Program materials and meals will be provided during the program.
Fall 2017, beginning September 9th
The Fall 2017 session takes place in Fredericton, NB.
How to Apply
Email email@example.com, subject line ‘CATAPULT Application’, the following:
Cover letter articulating your interest in the program and why you would be a good candidate. Tell us about your creative practice and entrepreneurial goals. What do you hope to gain from the program? If there is a particular product, business challenge, or commercial opportunity you would like to explore in the context of the accelerator, please describe it.
- 3 samples of work (you may also include a link to online portfolio or relevant social media)
DEADLINE: AUGUST 25 at 5 pm AST.
SELECTION: Final selection will be completed by August 31, and successful applicants will be contacted by this date.
Email Sarah Jones, CATAPULT Arts Accelerator Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
CATAPULT 2.0 is an ArtsLink NB initiative, founded in 2015. CATAPULT’s 2017-18 programming will include fall session in Fredericton and a winter session in Saint John.